IF your doctor and you decide that an in-office visit is necessary; please make note of our current recommendations
- Older children and adults should Wear a mask or face covering if you have one and can tolerate it (a bandana, scarf, or cloth mask is adequate).
- Patients over the age of 16 should come into the office alone. For minors; only 1 parent should accompany them. We can certainly accommodate additional family members by telephone/video chat if they wish to be part of the visit.
- Let us know if you have developed a new FEVER or Cold symptoms. Your doctor will initiate a telephone visit first to determine safe visit protocols.
- Upon arrival; text (905-955-9211) or call our office (905-726-8332) to inform us that you have arrived. You may also knock on the door if you do not have a cell phone. We are trying to only bring in one family at a time where possible.
- When ready, you will be brought directly into an exam room and we will focus on the necessary components of the in-office visit (ie: shots or physical exam). Your doctor may arrange or ask you to book a follow-up virtual visit for further discussions or questions. Since we are wearing masks + faceshields; it can be hard to hold a conversation as our voices are muffled with the protective equipment on.
- For your safety, the staff and physicians will wear masks during your visit. The masks’ main purpose is to reduce the risk of transmission to others.
- Please maintain physical distancing with the front staff (ie: take a step back from the plexiglass shields and do not cross into their personal workspace). Maintaining a 6 ft distance has a similar effect to wearing a mask and would be protective for both staff and patients.
- Wherever possible; questions should be handled over telephone / text messaging.
These are unprecedented times and we are all trying to work through them together.
We wish you and your family safety in these times.