URGENT CLINIC NEWS – March 24
We are committed to the health of our patients during this crisis. The office remains open during regular office hours but we are making significant modifications to ensure the safety of our patients.
OUR WAITING ROOM IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- ALL patients will be screened / booked for a virtual visit by phone with their doctor at this time. Your doctor will work with you over the phone and where safe and necessary; will make arrangements for when and how you may come in to see them.
COMMUNITY SPREAD OF COVID-19 HAS ARRIVED.
- 90% of new cases in Ontario are now from unknown sources. Since patients and physicians may be contagious with viral shedding 1-2 days before symptom onset; we will be increasing surveillance and distancing measures in the office.
- Stay home, stay safe is the overarching message. This is NOT the time to come in for symptoms that can wait.
- Public health and The Ontario Medical Association have recommended all non-urgent / elective bookings be rescheduled until this COVID-19 state of emergency is lifted or to be done over the telephone.
CASES ARE INCREASING EXPONENTIALLY; DOUBLING TIME ESTIMATED AT 3 DAYS.
- THIS is the important point. Exponential growth is very easy to dismiss early on when the cases rise slowly; but by the time you see significant cases; it will already be too late.
- March 24 @ 8pm
- CONFIRMED CASES: we have 572 cases total in Ontario today means that we will have about 18000 cases in 2 weeks.
- The estimate is that there are 50-100x more cases in the community population more than what is confirmed positive. If these estimates hold; it means we may have around 50,000 cases now with 1.8 million cases in 2 weeks
- These are scary and sobering numbers.
We thank you for your understanding in these anxious and trying times.