URGENT CLINIC NEWS – April 24
We are committed to the health of our patients during this crisis. The office remains open during regular office hours but we are making significant modifications to ensure the safety of our patients.
OUR WAITING ROOM IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- ALL patients will be screened / booked for a virtual visit by phone with their doctor at this time. Your doctor will work with you over the phone and where safe and necessary; will make arrangements for when and how you may come in to see them.
- NO walk-in patients will be accepted during this period of time.
SOCIAL DISTANCING / STATE OF EMERGENCY.
- Since patients and physicians may be contagious with viral shedding 1-2 days before symptom onset; we will be increasing surveillance and distancing measures in the office.
- Stay home, stay safe is the overarching message. This is NOT the time to come in for symptoms that can wait.
- Public health and The Ontario Medical Association have recommended all non-urgent / elective bookings be rescheduled until this COVID-19 state of emergency is lifted or to be done over the telephone.
WE REMAIN OPEN WITH FULL OFFICE HOURS.
- The office is being staffed as per our normal hours with phones being answered during regular office hours on weekdays. All physicians remain available for virtual appointments and telephone consultations. It is at the discretion of each physician whether an in-person encounter should occur.
- PLEASE let us know if you would prefer to defer an in-person encounter; we feel obligated to offer at times; however, please understand that there is always the risk that asymptomatic spread may be occurring.
- The latest thought (April 24) is that we are past the peak number of new covid cases. It looks like everyone’s sacrifice and hard work have permitted us to avoid the tragic mortality rates that were seen in Italy and New York.
We thank you for your understanding in these anxious and trying times.